Friday, January 6, 2012

Easy, Lazy Smokey Eyes!!!

It's Friday and I'm suppose to do my alter ego look for you but unfortunately for the blog (but fortunately for me) I finally landed a job after 3 months of countless job applications.  However, I promise to work on an alter ego look this weekend for next Friday's posting.

So, today I will be showing you what I call my easy, lazy smokey eyes.  The smokey eye look is my favourite.  I find that a darker, more intense smokey eye look works well for the night but a less intense look can be achieved for work or a day out as well.  When I have no time to fuss over my face but want this look, I ditch the whole middle base, inner and outer corner technique (http://jazzo-princessjasminem.blogspot.com/2011/12/basic-eyeshadow-application.html). 

The technique I'm about to show you is fool proof.  To do this, you need to create a sort of gradation with the darkest colour closest to the lash line and the lightest closest to the brow bone.   Here's a step by step guide.

Step 1:
You need a black eyeshadow, a highlighter and 2 other eyeshadow colours.  The 2 colours should be in the same family with one being dark and the other in a medium tone.

highlighter         medium colour        darker colour          black


Step 2:
Apply the medium colour first.  Apply the eyeshadow to the part of your eyes you would put your middle base colour.  Blend out the harsh edges.



Step 3:
Apply the darker of the 2 colours in the same area, but not as high. 



Blend the harsh edges to make the darker colour look as if it has faded into the first one. 



Step 4:
Apply your black shadow from the lash line up but not as high as either of the other colours.  


Blend to soften the harsh edges.  It should now look as if the black is fading gradually as it moves away from your lash line.


Step 5: 
Apply a highlighter to your brow bone, blend and you're done!!!


This is a much easier technique.  For people who are not as "art savvy", it  may be hard to do a smokey eye the way it was done in my first blog (http://jazzo-princessjasminem.blogspot.com/2011/12/smokey-eyes-for-night-out.html).  Knowing how or where exactly to place the darkest colour on the outer corners is difficult if you can't understand the contours of your eyes. In the current method, because you have chosen colours that are similar to each other, even if your blending skills are not in tip top shape it won't be as noticeable. 

Try it out and let me know how it goes!!! 

Have a great weekend everyone!!!  This is a great time to try out some new looks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment