Thursday, January 19, 2012

What's In My Bag?

I bet because I love makeup, own a ton of products and don't like leaving my apartment without makeup, you probably think I carry a whole makeup case in my big bag!!  You may be surprised to find out that this is  far from accurate.   I always carry a little purse inside my big purse and it only has a handful of products I just can't leave home without!



Hand Cream:


Skin can get really dry whether you are in London or an air-conditioned building in the sweltering heat in some tropical country.  I've been told that hands are a tell tale sign of age because they are often neglected.  I like to carry a small tube with me wherever I go.  It's great for moisturizing my hands...and my legs before heading into the gym with shorts!!

Lipstick/Lipgloss:


I usually carry the lipstick or lipgloss that I'm wearing that day.  This is just for touch ups throughout the day. 

Lip Balm:


The air is incredibly dry here and my lips feel chapped all the time.  This little tin of lipbalm is a life saver.  It's so uncomfortable to have chapped lips and it looks unsightly under lipstick!

Eye Drops:


Just in case my eyes get dry I like to bring eye drops that are packaged in individual tubes.  One is enough for about 4 drops in each eye.  It has a longer shelf life than regular bottled eye drops that have to be thrown out after 3 to 4 weeks of opening.  With these, I can keep them in my purse until I need them and they won't expire for at least a year.

Compact powder:


I bring this to blot oil off my face and set my makeup.  It's also great to have the mirror around just in case my eye makeup smudges during the day. 

Anti Blister Stick:


In case I feel my shoes rubbing against my feet, it's always great to have around to prevent blisters. 

Tissue:


After living in Asia for many years I've realized you never know when you're gonna need tissue so it's always good to have a small pack in your bag.

Hand Sanitizer:


Anti-bacterial hand sanitizer from Bath and Bodyworks is my favourite.  I love the way they smell and I always stock up on them when I'm back in Canada or the States.  Again, you never know when you're gonna need it. 

So there you go!!!  And they all fit into one tiny little bag!!



No comments:

Post a Comment