Thursday, January 19, 2012

How to Make Foundation Last Through The Day!!!

If you have oily skin or live in a country that is incredibly hot, your foundation will most likely melt before the day is even half way over.  You've probably tried applying loose powder over your foundation but noticed your makeup still runs.  Well, like me, you probably need a little bit more help.  Layering is a great way to help your foundation stay longer.  Here is what I do to keep my foundation fresh all day. 

Layer 1:


I don't usually use a primer, just any moisturizer I am using at the time.  For foundation, I am currently using a Missha BB cream, mixed with MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC 45 to match the colour to my skin tone.  You don't have to choose the same foundation.  However, oily skinned folks should opt for oil free foundation.  If you haven't read up on BB creams yet, I don't recommend just buying from any brand.  Some of them may actually make your skin oilier.  Do your research on which is most suitable for your skin type.

Layer 2:



Next, I like to apply a powder foundation over my liquid foundation.  My favourits is MAC Studio fix Powder.  In order not to have a thick, cakey mask-like finish, instead of using the sponge that the product comes with, I like to use my duo fibre brush.  It just helps to apply a thin and even layer of product that holds the liquid foundation in place. 

Layer 3:



A loose translucent powder or a compact powder applied with a large powder brush will hold all of it together without adding any extra thickness to your base. 

Throughout the day:


Oil can still sneak up to the surface of your skin throughout the day.  In order to keep it under control, I suggest using a blotting powder when necessary.  My favourite is from MAC and it's the blot powder in medium dark!

Give layering a try.  It really does work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment