Tuesday, January 10, 2012

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow!!!

Over the new year's break, I created a wishlist of makeup items for 2012.  In the list was the L'Oreal Colour Infallible eyeshadow.  I first heard about this from various blogs I follow.  Bloggers have been raving about how beautiful, vibrant and affordable it is.  So, obviously, I HAD to get my hands on it too.  The promise of this product is vibrant, long lasting colour!!!!

I bought three colours.  White, Permanent Khaki (a khaki green) and Goldmine (gold)


Texture:
The texture is very smooth, soft and creamy.  However, this is NOT a cream eyeshadow.  It's a powder eyeshadow. The powder is very fine and smooth and it is packed into the container very tightly so it doesn't come apart.  



Colour:
The colour  is as intense as promised.  I picked up some product with my fingers, applied it on my hand once for each, and it was already more vibrant than regular eyeshadow.  However, when I applied it to my eyes with a brush, it did not appear to be as vibrant.  I suggest using your fingers if you prefer a more prominent look.


Staying power:
This weekend, I went out using all three colours.  The gold as my middle base colour, the green on the outer corners and the white as my highlighter colour on my brow bones and inner corners.  I was out for several hours, came home and left it on until the evening before heading in for the night.  I was impressed at how it had not budged at all.


The colours can be much brighter than what you see on my eyes.  For those of you who have known me for a while, or have followed this blog since it started, you may have noticed I like to wear my makeup more natural unless there's an occasion for something more vibrant!!!!

Price:
I bought my colours for only GBP 3.99 each.  The regular price is GBP 6.99 but it is still on post Christmas offer at Boots Pharmacy and Superdrug.

Regardless of your location in the world, I think it is priced very reasonable for such a good quality product.  They have a range of colours in both shimmery and matte finishes.  Because the colours are so bright, I recommend this if you are just starting out with eyeshadow.  You can just use one shade and it will look gorgeous

No comments:

Post a Comment