Monday, January 16, 2012

Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss in Belladonna Review!!!

When I finally arrived in London and had access to Illamasqua, which was recommended to me by a friend, I started to review a number of their products.  Having read amazing things about their Intense Lipgloss, I quickly put it down as one of my 2012 makeup wish list items. 


I went in before Christmas and tried on Belladonna.  I was rather surprised at the intensity of the colour as I had never ever seen a lipgloss quite so rich before.  The photos that appear with the product online don't really do justice to how vibrant the colour really is.  I had assumed intense referred to the glossiness and staying power of the product.  However, the colour looks just as opaque as lipstick but as glossy as a MAC lipglass. 

I chose Belladonna because it is a beautiful deep raspberry colour.  It's so different from what I own and it's a great alternative to a red lipstick paired with nude eyes.  Even though it is quite bright and appears to be more suitable for night time, I wore it to work with neutral eyes and I'm so in love with the lipgloss and the look.  The staying power is INCREDIBLY AMAZING!!!!!   It is much better than MAC lipglass.  It lasts longer and isn't sticky!!  After a little snack, a few glasses of water and an entire afternoon at work, there was still colour and gloss on my lips. 


Belladonna is a little bit more of a statement lippy for sure but the Intense Lipgloss line comes in a variety of bright and bold colours that can be surprisingly natural (http://www.illamasqua.com/shop/catalogue/category/lips/products/intense-lipgloss/28/).  My next purchase will be the Intense Lipgloss in Move.  It's a very natural colour that would be great for everyday use.  It is described as deep purple online, but didn't appear as purple on my lips as on the Illamasqua website.  

I am so impressed with this lipgloss and think that it's worth the £13.  Throw away all your other lipglosses ladies!!!  This is the only one you'll ever need!!! 

For those of you living in countries where Illamasqua is not available, check their website for international delivery options.

No comments:

Post a Comment