Friday, October 19, 2012

What You May Not Know About SUGAR!!!!

I love dessert and even when I'm on my 12 week low-carb diet I find it hard not to have a cheat meal every week or two that consists of dessert.  I've always found information and documentaries on nutrition really interesting and over the last few years have started to get the idea that sugar is the devil!!  It's worse than fat and it's probably the cause of all the obesity related diseases out there in the world.  Having said all that, I do find it hard not to have dessert every now and then! 

Many of you may not realize it but sugar in the form of fructose is found in all processed foods and it reacts in your body just like alcohol does.  So, if you're a pregnant or breastfeeding mom, a parent who lectures their kids against drinking alcohol, someone who grabs the low fat food (which often has a crazy amount of sugar), someone who thinks that natural sugar alternatives like agave is okay for you or someone who has just never really given the negative effects of sugar much thought, this is a good video to watch!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment