Saturday, October 27, 2012

Week 4 Fitness Program Update!

I've just reached the week 4 milestone of this 12 week "program" I've created for myself which if you weren't following from the beginning is basically a 12 week goal I've set for myself to work out 5 days a week, follow a healthy low-carb diet, get stronger and feel better overall.  So here is the update on what has happened over the last 4 weeks.

Diet Update:


So, to recap the last 4 weeks, I've pretty much followed my meal plan about 80% to 90% of the time.  As you may recall, at the end of week 1 I went to a wedding and had loads of yummy food.  I had done well up until that day and what was supposed to be a cheat meal ended up being a cheat day.  Mondays to Fridays of the last 4 weeks have been good.  I allow myself my much needed Sushi or Japanese bento lunch once a week and the rest of the days I have my usual chicken salad.  As for snacks, I've been sticking to nuts strictly but allowed myself some Aero Mint chocolate this week.

Now, I have to tell you about last weekend's dinner.  We had some friends over on Saturday night and one of our friends is vegetarian.  Because I don't really know how to cook vegetarian meals my husband and I decided to order from a nice little local Indian restaurant down the street from us.  It was Northern Indian food which for us non vegetarians included some creamy butter chicken, lamb cooked in creamy yogurt sauce, briyani, naan bread and a few other dishes.  Dessert was a chocolate tart from Waitrose which after everyone left I ate another 2 pieces making my dessert count for the night 3 quarters of a personal pizza sized tart!!!  I just couldn't help myself.

During this week, I also treated myself to a few little Parisian "twinkies" which my colleague brought for me from Paris. I know this all sounds like a lot but if you look at all the good meals and snacks I ate, the bad ones really only accounted for about 10% of my meals and snacks.  The reason I'm pointing this out is because for those of you out there who feel guilty when you do allow yourself some treats like this, you shouldn't feel guilty.  It's an awful and unhealthy mental cycle and as long as you're doing good most of the time, you should focus on that and not let yourself feel bad.

Workout Update:


The first 2 weeks I managed to get to the gym 4 days but the last 2 weeks were 6 day gym days.  As usual it was 3 days of Bartendaz, one day of leg training alone or with my trainer and for the last two weeks I started taking Hula Hoop class.  It's offered at my gym and is just a super fun and surprisingly challenging workout.  I did about 30 minutes of cardio before the Hula Hoop classes but that's about all the cardio I do.  I'm pretty happy how well I've kept up!!

Strength Update:


At the beginning of all this I mentioned I wanted to be able to do 20 chin ups and didn't think it would happen in 12 weeks but that I would keep trying.  Well, some of you may have seen the video and surprisingly I reached the 20 goal already.  I didn't think it would happen that quickly but it did and my new goal is to be able to accomplish a muscle up!!!  This is incredibly hard and realistically speaking it could take months and months but I am working towards that right now.  I've started training Bartendaz with 3kg ankle weights and hope to increase that slowly in order to get stronger.

Weight & Body Update:


Everyone always says that the diet and workouts go hand in hand and if you stick to both you will see results.  I don't measure myself but in terms of weight, I have gone down 1kg in the last 4 weeks.  Considering I don't do cardio I strongly believe none of that weight was muscle but more likely a combination of fat and water!!! 

Here's some updated photos!!  I think 4 weeks have made some sort of difference and I believe it's just a matter of commitment to see results!!


No comments:

Post a Comment