Monday, October 1, 2012

A Typical Day in Low Carb Meals!!!

This is the first day of the12 week program I've set for myself so I thought I would share with you what I would normally eat.  Keep in mind, I'm not really counting calories.  I used to count calories but I'm more or less familiar with roughly how many calories each of my meals has. 

Breakfast at 7am


2 eggs scrambled (with yolk) with 2 slices of smoked salmon and a black coffee (no sugar or milk)


Snack 1 at 11am


3 dates (Normally I would have a hand full of unsalted mixed nuts but I forgot to buy some this weekend.  I understand that dry fruits like dates and raisins are high in sugar but 3 won't be that bad I suppose.  They are high in fibre after all.)


Lunch 1.45pm


Salad with spinach, cherry tomatoes, black olives, cucumbers and chicken breast (cooked in water and curry powder)

Snack 2 at 5pm

3 dates

Dinner 6.30pm

Ground beef, broccoli, carrots, sugar snap peas, onions and mushrooms cooked in light soy sauce and a BBQ chicken thigh (I made a whole pot of this so I'll be eating it most nights this week but I don't usually eat this much red meat.  I usually try to cook for the whole week on Sunday and when I made this dish, it slipped my mind that it would mean eating red meat every day!!)


It's about 7pm right now and I'm probably going to have a banana and a cup of black coffee.  Just for the record, the banana and the dates, although healthy, will probably slow down the fat burn  Yes they are healthy but there are other things I can be eating right now that are way more effective for fat loss. 

I also usually eat 6 smaller meals rather than 5 small meals.  I'll have dinner at work about an hour and a half before the gym and then have a chicken breast or a protein shake after the gym, but I went to the gym at lunch today so I could manage to have an early dinner at home.  I don't usually like having dinner past 7.30pm. 
Anyway, so there you have it!!  It's easier to eat healthy during the work week too.  My lunch is so basic and super healthy mostly because it's just so easy to throw a bunch of salad ingredients in a Tupperware.  If you can't eat a salad without dressing, then go ahead and add some yourself.  I just can't be bothered when I'm preparing mine in the evening.  And if you're thinking my bringing lunch to work has to do with the fact it's easier to eat healthy that way, well, you're only half right.  London is expensive and I feel that eating out everyday for lunch would be throwing away money that could be spent on other things!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment