Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Week 1 Diet Fail!!!

So it's been just over a week since I started on my 12 week program of trying to eat better and making it to the gym 5 days a week.  Unfortunately, week 1 did not go as well as planned.

In terms of the gym, I did make it 4 days in week 1 in which 3 of those days were Bartendaz classes.  I had planned to go once more on Sunday, but a long day and a late night on Saturday lead me to sleep in and have a super lazy day.  But I'd say 4 is still pretty good.  I'm not going to allow myself to feel guilty over 1 less day of gym.

Now, you're probably wondering how I did in the food department!!  Well, it was all pretty good until Saturday rolled around.  I was at a friend's wedding and I wasn't going to say no to all the delicious food they had ordered. 

Here's the damage!!!

The delicious wedding cake.  Some kind of strawberries and cream cake. 

Pastries and scones!!!  I had one of each!!!
Salmon with pasta for dinner!!!
Chocolate brownie without the ice cream for dessert!!!
*Not shown in the list of photos is my appetizer which was a small fried calamari salad.

Remember I mentioned a cheat meal once a week?  Well, a cheat meal should be all I have but this was more of a cheat day!!  Not so good!!  But again, I think it's important not to feel guilty and not to be overly picky and avoid eating at an event such as a wedding where your friends have put a lot of thought into the meal they have chosen for their guests. 

So, I'm not feeling so bad about that but I am feeling bad about the 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter and Nutella on Monday morning.  I was just incredibly exhausted and didn't have time to make my eggs and smoked salmon breakfast. 

The rest of the day went on better and it's important to just get right back into it when you had a weekend that wasn't so great in the diet department!!

2 comments:

  1. Jazzo the food pics are making me drool..... YUM

    -Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food was as good as it looks and I'm quite picky about my dessert and pastries.

      Delete