Monday, October 8, 2012

Nail Art!!!

I've never really been big on nail polish.  Unlike many girls out there who wear nail polish all the time, I for some reason never really got into it.  I think it's because the process of applying and waiting for the polish to dry is a little time consuming.

However, this weekend, I went to a wedding and decided on nude coloured nails as it is the trend this season.  On Sunday, I was sitting around relaxing and browsing the Internet and started to YouTube nail art and French tip tutorials.  After, I was inspired to do my own nails and decided to go with a contrasting tip on my nude painted nails. 

I love the effect of using a sponge to create a contrasting tip and I thought I'd just share the look with you. 

I tried to add a little pink flower to my nails as well.  Don't know if you can see it that well, but my husband thought it was just a blob of smudged nail polish!!  Oh well!!!  It was my first time trying some nail art on myself and the first time in months and months that I actually wore nail polish!! 

So....what do you think???  If I feel more inspired, I may just include a nail art tutorial. But be reminded, I am no nail art expert.  It would just be something for you to relate to...from one completely inexperienced person to the next.  No matter how crappy my nails may end up, I have to say, the process of painting the nails with more than one colour and design is actually really fun!!!  It reminded me of arts and crafts when I was little!!!

Contrasting tips!!!

A closer look at the blobby looking flower!!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work, Jazz!!! I like the nails. I've been meaning to do ombre effect nails myself, but haven't had the chance.

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!! Thanks!! It was so fun I bought a bunch of cheap nail art tools and I'm gonna play around somemore.

      Delete