Monday, October 8, 2012

More of My Favourite Revlon Lipbutters!!!

Several months ago I went out and bought a whole bunch of Revlon Lipbutter lipsticks and promised to put out a blog so you can check them out.  I mentioned that I was waiting for a few more  colours to arrive in the mail.  I've obviously since received them and they are all incredibly amazing.  It's been a few months and all I ever wear these days are my Revlon Lipbutters.  They do last surprisingly longer than I expected on my lips depending on what I eat or drink.  I still absolutely love the texture and they are incredibly moisturizing.  Again, it's like wearing lipbalm, but with the colour intensity of lipstick.       

The colours I wanted to share with you are Peach Parfait, Macaron, Candied Apple and Cherry Tart.

For a recap on the general colour, texture and finish of this Revlon range, you can refer back to a previous post ....Revlon Lipbutters!!!! Finally in the UK!!!

Here's a look at the final four I purchased.

Peach Parfait:

A very neutral peachy colour.  It's almost nude on my lips but will show up a little more on lighter skinned girls. this is very sheer and very natural.

A great every day colour that can be worn for a nude, natural look or to balance out a pair of smouldering eyes.

Macaron:

A darker shade of Peach Parfait with a hint of terracotta.  It's darker but still a very neutral colour.  This one would go best with tanned skinned ladies.

It's a great every day colour as well for those wanting a neutral look that is not completely nude.  Pairs well with natural eyes.

Candied Apple:

This is a red with a hint of orange in it.  It's not quite a deep red, nor is it a very bright red.  It's more of a watermelon red.

Pair with natural and neutral eyes.  This is great for statement lips and a great evening look.

Cherry Tart:

A deep but sheer red.

This is slightly different than Candied Apple as it is a slightly deeper colour.  This one should also be paired with nude eyes and worn for a night out or to achieve a classic polished look.  This is great for those who like the red lip look but feel that the red in regular lipsticks appear too opaque and in your face!!!


I don't think Cherry Tart is available in the UK.  I looked for it originally but couldn't find it and had my cousin bring mine from the US.  They do however, come in 14 shades here in the UK and at £7.99 a pop, you can't go wrong!!!  

2 comments:

  1. The Macaron, I think, looks best on you. What in the WORLD does MACARON mean?

    Suey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I like that one too!! Macaron??? My favourite dessert! lol!

      Delete