Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Red Lipstick Quick Tip!!

Hi everyone!!!  Last time, I mentioned I was going to try to be more diligent about putting up a post at least once a week, but I apologize for not having kept to that promise.  Again, my routine has been turned upside down with a string of guests visiting me from overseas.  Don't get me wrong, I love visitors but it has been hard to find some time to write and play with makeup!!!

This morning, I was getting ready for work and as I've mentioned in previous posts, when I've hit snooze on the alarm clock way too many times and I just don't have a lot of time to get ready, I like to keep it simple with one eyeshadow colour on my eyes and a brighter lipstick to create a more polished look. 

Today, I felt like using my MAC Red lipstick.  This is a really thick and heavy lipstick that is more suitable for an evening look.  It's an intense red and is one of those lipsticks that requires soap and water to remove unless you want to go to bed looking like the the Joker from the Dark Knight. 

In order to make the lipstick appear less intense for a daytime look, instead of applying it the way I usually do, by running the lipstick across my lips, I dabbed the colour on instead.  You don't need to use your fingers to dab the colour on, just dab the lipstick directly onto your lips. 

The layer of lipstick on your lips will be thinner and the look will be more sheer than if you applied your lipstick the usual way.  This is a great way to apply a more intense colour without your lips looking like you've got too much lipstick on. 

So next time you're drawn to a dramatic lipstick colour, don't steer clear of it.  Try dabbing it on for a more natural finish!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment