Friday, September 28, 2012

New in Fun With Makeup!!!!

First of all, you may have noticed, the title of my blog has now changed to "Fun with Makeup, Fitness and Life!!!!

Makeup is one of my passions in life.  I love playing with makeup, reading up on it, learning about new trends, techniques and products and watching YouTube tutorials, but this is not the only passion in my life. 

For those of you who have followed my blog, you've probably seen that I disappeared for a little while after finding a job and joining a new gym.  Well, this has lead me to this new addition in my blog!!  My other passions in life are fitness and traveling.

I've been going to the gym and getting involved in all kinds of fitness activities since about 2003.  I've gone from heavy weight training and cardio, to the high reps high sets type of weight training, to body pump and body combat, boxing and Muay Thai and finally to pole dancing and Bartendaz.  My weight has gone up and down over the years and I've never been fat in any way, but I've put on the weight every now and then and become a little curvier and softer from time to time.  Keep in mind I'm only 4ft 9in (143cm) tall and a little bit of weight gain is much more noticeable on such a small frame. 

About a year ago, before moving to London, I managed to lose 6 kg (13.2 lb).  When I came to London in October of 2011, I started to gain some of the weight back and then lost it all again from about April to June.  Since June, I've been on several vacations and had a string of visitors which has not been great for my diet or exercise routine.  I am in no way back to where I was before the move but I'm really trying to get leaner and more defined. 

In order to motivate myself, I figured, writing about it on my blog and committing to it publicly, will really give me a push. 

In addition to all that, I'm honestly starting to get tired of slacking off on my work style.  I want a style overhaul and I just want to start looking more professional.  I want to live by the motto "Dress for the job you want, not the job you have!". So, again, I'm going to motivate myself more by sharing my outfits for work every now and then and I'm welcoming comments and suggestions. 

In the mix, I'll share with you some of my travel experiences around Europe as that is really what the move to London was all about!

Stay tuned and I hope you enjoy the new additions!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment