Friday, September 14, 2012

Benefit Pore Professional Review!!

A few months ago, I bought a Glamour magazine that included a free sample of Benefit Cosmetic's Pore Professional.  I've been using it every day since then and have been meaning to write a review on it. 



For those of you who are unfamiliar with this product, it's a pore minimizer and claims to reduce the appearance of pores and fine lines.  How do you use it?  Well, this product goes on after your moisturizer and before or after foundation.  I tried it both ways and I find it works better under foundation as it has a little bit of colour and when applied under, blends with my foundation better.  For those of you with skin tones that match the colour of the pore minimizer, it may work just as well if you apply it over your foundation.  You only need to apply it to the areas of your face where your pores are the most noticeable. For me, those are my cheeks and T-zone. 

To be honest, I haven't really experimented with pore minimizers much but in the past have tried a sample of Clinique's pore minimizer.  I was never a fan of the Clinique product as the texture was a bit thick and the colour was way too light for my complexion. 

In contrast to that, Benefit's Pore Professional has a more natural colour that blends into my skin nicely.  It's almost unnoticeable and when applied under foundation, just disappears.  It has a very light texture that feels very smooth when applied to the skin.  The first time I applied it to my T-zone and upper cheeks, I thought it might be a little greasy and was a bit concerned as I have oily skin.  However, when I completed my look, I did notice that my pores really did appear to be less noticeable and my skin looked more even in texture.  It also mattified my complexion without giving it a dull look. 

How does it hold up throughout the day?  Well, I am pleasantly surprised that day after day, in both cold and hot weather, this pore minimizer has proven itself.  At the end of a work day, my makeup is still in tact, non-greasy and my pores are still less noticeable.  I do have fairly large pores especially on my nose so for those of you with even less noticeable pores, this product will perform even better.  Having said all that, don't expect your skin to look like it has been airbrushed and photo shopped.  It does even out the texture but you won't look completely pore-less!!!   

The little thumb size sample has lasted me several months so the full sized tube should last through the year.  You only need a little bit at a time.  An amount the size of half a hole punched piece of paper is all you need for your cheeks and T-zone. 

I'm just about done with my sample and ready to purchase a full sized tube. 

No comments:

Post a Comment