Monday, February 6, 2012

Favourite Makeup Pros and Cons

You've probably noticed from all the different blog entries I've done, that there are several makeup products I use over and over again.  I do indeed have my favourites but just like anything in this world, nothing is perfect...well...almost nothing.  Some things do come close to perfect but even those have their pros and cons.  Here's a list of my absolute favourites and the good and bad about each one. 

K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Real Lasting Eyeliner



Pros:  Provides great control when doing fine lines and great control overall.  Lasts all day long and has a perfect, jet black liquid liner look.

Cons:  Not as waterproof as the name indicates it should be.  When it comes in contact with rain, tears or any type of water, it doesn't just smudge...it runs!!!!


MAC Duo Fibre Brush



Pros:  Spreads my foundation evenly whether it's liquid or powder.  Helps to achieve a beautiful, natural finish with great coverage.

Cons:  I do take care of my brushes but this one seems to shed easily.  In fact, there's always a hair or two left on my face after using this brush. 


Missha Perfect M BB Cream



Pros:  It has a wonderful texture and gives great coverage with a very natural finish that lasts all day.

Cons: Not dark enough when I've been out in the sun and I'm more tanned than usual.


Majorlica Majorca Glam Lash Mascara and Maybeline Volume Express Cat Eyes



Pros:  Both create thick, clumpless lashes that lasts all day.  They are extremely waterproof, don't smudge and are the mascara I like to use when I'm at the beach.

Cons:  Incredibly difficult to remove even with the best eye makeup removers.


MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus 



Pros:  Works great when layering with other liquid foundations for maximum staying power.  It's also really easy to apply.

Cons:  On its own, it doesn't last all day on my oily skin. 


MAC Paintpot


Pros:  It's a great cream shadow that lasts all day.  It works great as a base under powder eyeshadow and makes it last even longer. 

Cons:  The product gets dry after some time and becomes a little hard to extract from the container. 


And finally here's the one product I have absolutely ZERO complaints about!!!

MAC Powder Eyeshadow



This is my ultimate favourite and what I think many people would agree, the best quality eyeshadow!!!!  Even on oily lids it doesn't get into your creases.  It lasts all day long and has great build-able colour intensity.

If there's a product you use that you have absolutely no complaints about, let me know what it is!!!  I'm always interested in trying out makeup products that have great reviews.  

No comments:

Post a Comment