Monday, February 13, 2012

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair!!

I don't know how many of you religiously read reviews on beauty products but there are a number of products that have had amazing reviews from users all over the world.  Yes, you'll see reviews in magazines and articles that show you before and after photos, but how do you know if any of those are actually digitally enhanced?

I'm about to do something that I consider quite brave and in order to do so, I will strip off all my makeup and show you every flaw on my face.  I recently bought the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum.  I've heard great things about how it's one of the few products out there that not only prevents future damage to the skin but also repairs it.  I was battling between trying out Strivectin SD and the Advanced Night Repair serum and decided to go with the latter because it had outstanding reviews and the former, although has a lot of hype around it, did not have stellar reviews.



The Advanced Night Repair promises to reduce the signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles, scars, age spots etc.  Apparently, it is so popular due to its effectiveness, a bottle is sold every 8 seconds around the world. I have been noticing lines forming on my forehead over the last year and I'm not so sure if they have gotten worse or I'm just more aware of them because I no longer have bangs to cover them.  Nevertheless, the fine lines and past acne scarring have been bothering me a lot and I'm determined to find a product other than botox that will get rid of them or at least significantly reduce them.

So, over the next few months, I plan on showing you the progress, starting with this blog in which I have only used the product for one night. Keep in mind, I am also using the Estee Lauder Idealist Skin Illuminator which is supposed to reduce dark spots as well.  However, I do believe any significant progress would be more credited to the Advance Night Repair as the Idealist Skin Illuminator had some pretty average reviews. 



Here are my problem areas!!  Let's see if there is a difference in about a month or so. You can be the judge for yourself and I promise you these photos will have no photoshopping at all. 

Problem: Fine lines across my forehead and especially on both the left and right sides

Problem:  Acne scarring and uneven skintone

Problem: Acne scarring and uneven skintone


2 comments:

  1. Does it help with acne scarring???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that for more surface scarring it did get rid of the scar. However, for deeper scars, it did not get rid of the scar completely but significantly reduced its appearance. The difference is definately noticable.

      Delete