Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Themed Makeup Look!!!

This past weekend, I volunteered to cheer for the Prostate Cancer Charity and Breast Cancer UK London marathon team.  It was a fantastic day out and the runners were so inspirational.  The two charities were the main recipients of the proceeds of the race but they also had about 800 runners on their team, specifically raising money for them. 

So, to make things more lively and keep with the branding of the two charities, the theme of the day was to dress in the charity colours, pink and blue.  In addition to my pink and blue Sketchers and attire, I decided to stick to the theme with my makeup as well and I wanted to share this look with you.

Pink and blue are very contrasting colours but I find they can be worn together for an everyday look.  It's not just appropriate for a fun event, but works for work as well if you feel like brightening up your look. 

As you can see, the overall look is incredibly natural.  For those of you who have been keeping up with my blog, you know I'm all about more subtle looks unless its a big night out. 


The application technique:

After applying the pink colour all over your lids, apply the blue shadow on the corners but in a half almond shape in order to give your eyes an illusion of being.....well..... more almond shaped. 





Blend out just the harsh edge at the top.  In order to give it a faded effect up to your brow bone, apply your highlighter to your brow bone and blend it into the harsh edge of the blue shadow.  To make the pink on your eyelids stand out more, just apply a little more just on the eyelid, going no further up than your crease. 


Finish off with your eyeliner of choice and mascara. 

What I used on my eyes:


Blue: MAC eyeshadow in Satellite Dream
Pink: MAC eyeshadow in Sushi Flower
Highlighter: Kryolan eyeshadow in white (MAC eyeshadow that works great is Vanilla)

One more thing...this look goes really well with a light pink lipstick.  I used my Revlon Lipbutter in Cupcake.


No comments:

Post a Comment